Down to Withington to
- get anti-worming stuff from the vet for the stripey monster (and tell captive audience a terrible joke)
- get someone to succeed in shutting my “talking shoe” up
- buy new (second-hand) jeans.
As Mr. Loaf sings, two outa three ain’t bad. And I absotively posilutely did not buy four books for the grand total of one quid. And these books were in no way the following
- Christopher Isherwood The Memorial
- Christopher Isherwood Down There on a Visit
- Andrew Sean Greer Less
- Charles Shield And So it goes. Kurt Vonnegut: A Life.
Meanwhile, had a fab greasy spoon veggie breakfast and going through all the job applications (Sheffield, Canberra, East Anglia, Stockholm) that I have to apply for in the next few weeks. And Manchester too, for that matter…