One of my favourite words!  We are palimpsests and kludges, but barely know it, let alone admit it…

Wikipedia: A palimpsest (/ˈpælɪmpsɛst/) is a manuscript page, either from a scroll or a book, from which the text has been either scraped or washed off so that the page can be reused, for another document. In contemporary usage, the denotation of the term palimpsest also is used in architecture, archaeology, and geomorphology.


Blog at

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: